Practice-oriented training and further education
The shoe and leather industry has a permanent need for well-trained specialists for national and international use.
The ISC supports state training courses in the industry, especially in practical instruction:
- Berufsschule Pirmasens (Vocational school Pirmasens): it uses the technical means and facilities of the ISC for the practical training of future shoe manufacturers
- Deutsche Schuhfachschule (German Shoe College): The future shoe technicians and modellers who are aiming for a state qualification at DSF are accommodated in the ISC building and benefit from the infrastructure of the ISC.
- Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern, Location Pirmasens (University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern): The ISC Germany organizes the practical seminar "Basics of industrial shoe production" for the FH.
- Hochschule für Design / Pforzheim (University of Design / Pforzheim): The students of the accessory design course at ISC Germany learn how to translate their designs into wearable shoes.
In cooperation with the IHK Pfalz we also supervise a number of certificate courses:
- "Industrial foreman/shoe manufacturer": this in-service training also takes place at the ISC. It is organised jointly by ISC Germany and the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
- "Certified Product Manager Shoes": Since 2015, the ISC has had this certificate course in its programme, also in cooperation with the IHK
- "Sustainability Manager Shoes": With this course, the ISC has again launched a certificate course in 2018 on the initiative of the industry in cooperation with the IHK.
Through cooperation with well-known national and international partners, we can offer trainees in all forms of joint training the special opportunity to complete special training aspects with us and our partners. This offers valuable insights into the numerous facets of shoe production already during the training.
Under the menu item "Seminars" you will find our short-term training courses, which we offer regularly.